Details for Benchmark: LY0427
N 41° 04.183 W 074° 27.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PASSAIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- T 31
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.5 MI N FROM NEWFOUNDLAND. IN PASSAIC COUNTY, 0.3 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 23 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT NEWFOUNDLAND, MORRIS COUNTY, THENCE 1.2 MILES NORTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, 31 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 4.4 FEET SOUTH OF A TRIANGULAR-BLAZED 10-INCH OAK TREE, 1.8 FEET NORTH OF A TRIANGULAR-BLAZED 12-INCH MAPLE TREE, IN A FLAT ROCK OUTCROP, AND ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|09/04/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.