Details for Benchmark: LY0560
N 41° 22.233 W 074° 41.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- GAGING STATION RM USGS
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT MATAMORAS. AT MATAMORAS, ALONG THE SOUTHWEST BANK OF THE DELAWARE RIVER, ABOUT 250 FEET DOWNSTREAM FROM THE MATAMORAS END OF THE PORT JERVIS-MATAMORAS BRIDGE OVER THE DELAWARE RIVER, AT THE EXTREME NORTHEAST END OF AVENUE L, 1 BLOCK NORTHEAST ALONG AVENUE L FROM THE INTERSECTION OF FIRST STREET, 93 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A FRAME HOUSE AT 3 AVENUE L, 23 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE, 22.2 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A U.S. GEOLOGICAL GAGING STATION HOUSE, 22 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER LINE POLE NO. 2141 (LAST POLE ON PENNSYLVANIA SIDE OF RIVER), SET IN THE TOP OF A 3-INCH IRON PIPE AND ENCASED IN CONCRETE AND PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1985 by LOCSUR (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1985
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.