Details for Benchmark: LY0579
N 41° 21.767 W 074° 40.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- V 140
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
1.3 MI E FROM PORT JERVIS. 1.3 MILES EAST ALONG THE ERIE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PORT JERVIS, ORANGE COUNTY, 116.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 86, AT THE WEST END OF A CUT, 38.8 FEET NORTHWEST OF POLE 861, 11.3 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE SOUTH TRACK, IN A LARGE ROCK OUTCROP, AND ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 140 1941.
|01/12/1995 by NJGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
THE STATION SITE WAS INACCESSIBLE AT THIS TIME. THE STAION WAS NOT RECOVERED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.