Details for Benchmark: LY0627
N 41° 22.467 W 074° 41.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- T 140
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
AT PORT JERVIS. AT PORT JERVIS, ORANGE COUNTY, ABOUT 0.2 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE ERIE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, AT CONCRETE BRIDGE 87.43 OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 6 LEADING SOUTHWEST INTO PENNSYLVANIA, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE NORTHEAST HEAD WALL, 43.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE NORTHEAST MAIN TRACK, 38 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 34 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STEPS LEADING NORTHEAST AND UPWARD, NORTHWEST AND DOWN. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED T 140 1941.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/07/1995 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.