Details for Benchmark: LY0629
N 41° 22.150 W 074° 41.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- U 140 RESET 1959
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
0.2 MI SE FROM PORT JERVIS. THE MARK IS LOCATED AT PORT JERVIS, ABOUT 0.25 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE ERIE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, 9.5 FEET SOUTH OF MILEPOST 87 AND 8 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MOST EASTERLY TRACKS SET IN CONCRETE 1 INCH ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.