Details for Benchmark: LY0678
N 41° 06.383 W 074° 33.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- S 13
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT BEAVER LAKE. AT BEAVER LAKE, SUSSEX COUNTY, ABOUT 980 FEET NORTH ALONG THE NEW YORK, SUSQUEHANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, AT THE NORTHERNMOST ONE OF THREE RAILROAD BRIDGES OVER A SMALL STREAM, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE EAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF SMALL STEEL BRIDGE 53.79, 12 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 2-1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 953.837 S 13 1933.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.