Details for Benchmark: LY0706
N 41° 09.417 W 074° 34.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- RV 71
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NYSWRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.3 MI N FROM HAMBURG. 0.3 MILE NORTH ALONG THE NEW YORK, SUSQUEHANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT HAMBURG, AT MILEAGE 62.46, 30 FEET EAST OF THE EAST BANK OF WALKILL RIVER, 9-1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF AN ABANDONED SIGNAL TOWER, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET.
|01/01/1985 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1985
THE NEW YORK, SUSQUEHANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD HAS BEEN ABANDONED AND ALL TRACKS REMOVED. FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HWY. 23 AND WALKILL AVE IN HAMBURG, GO SOUTH ON WALKILL AVE. TO NJ POWER AND LIGHT SUBSTATION, TURN RIGHT ON UNPAVED LANE. THIS IS THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE HAMBURG RAILROAD STATION THAT NO LONGER EXISTS. FOLLOW LANE PAST HAMBURG REGIONAL PUMPING STATION FOR 0.3 MILE TO MARK IN THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE SIGNAL TOWER FOUNDATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.