Details for Benchmark: LY0757
N 41° 05.733 W 074° 55.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- W 30
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna couldn't find LY0757
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/surveymarks/ly0757/]LY0757 - W 30[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.8 MI E FROM FLATBROOKVILLE. 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT FLATBROOKVILLE, THENCE 0.7 MILE SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, THENCE 1.8 MILES EAST ALONG A ROUGH GRAVEL ROAD, IN THE WOODS, 35 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 35 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A SMALL STREAM, 16 FEET EAST OF AN 8-INCH TRIANGLE-BLAZED MAPLE TREE, 6 FEET NORTHWEST OF AN 8-INCH TRIANGLE-BLAZED OAK TREE, AND 2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A STANDARD REFERENCE POST. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.