Details for Benchmark: LY0758
N 41° 05.367 W 074° 54.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- X 30
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna couldn't find LY0758
Please see the complete text of our log at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/surveymarks/ly0758/]LY0758 - X 30[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 02:28:30 UTC.
||holograph posted a note for LY0758
There is a T intersection as described, but the station would be located in what is now a small grassy clearing, with no rock outcrops visible. The clearing may once have been occupied by a building of some kind, but there is nothing there now. At the approximate spot of the station as measured from the roads, there is an anomalous patch of gravel.
It is also possible that the roads have been relocated, in which case it will be hard to find one outcrop in a mountain top full of outcrops.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
4 MI E FROM FLATBROOKVILLE. 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT FLATBROOKVILLE, THENCE 0.7 MILE SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, THENCE 3.0 MILES EAST ALONG A ROUGH GRAVEL ROAD, AT A T INTERSECTION OF GRAVEL ROADS, 26 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTHWEST-SOUTHEAST ROAD, 25 FEET EAST OF THE NORTH-BOUND ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROCK OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.