Details for Benchmark: LY0760
N 41° 04.883 W 074° 53.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- YY 30
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
4.4 MI W FROM SWARTSWOOD. 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SWARTSWOOD, THENCE 0.9 MILE WEST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD, THENCE 1.0 MILE WEST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, THENCE 1.8 MILES WEST ALONG A DIRT ROAD, THENCE 0.3 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER TROUT BROOK. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST ABUTMENT, AND 13 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD.
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.