Details for Benchmark: LY0769
N 41° 03.017 W 074° 50.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Z 35
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.9 MI SE FROM MIDDLEVILLE. 0.9 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MIDDLEVILLE, AT CONCRETE CREEK BRIDGE. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT, AND 14.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.