Details for Benchmark: LY0801
N 41° 10.717 W 074° 47.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- E 35
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive retaining walls
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
4 MI SE FROM LAYTON. 2.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LAYTON, THENCE 1.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY NO. S 31, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE WHICH IS AT THE NORTHEAST END OF KITTATINNY LAKE. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST HEAD WALL, AND 23 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY.
|1/12/1995 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED WITH THE FOLLOWING CHANGES. THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL OF BRIDGE NUMBER 1912 156, MILEPOINT 120.41.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.