Details for Benchmark: LY0822
N 41° 13.800 W 074° 43.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- R 34
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
7.3 MI SW FROM COLESVILLE. 4.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE COLESVILLE TO BEEMERVILLE GRAVEL ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT COLESVILLE, THENCE 1.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG A NARROW GRAVEL ROAD, THENCE 0.7 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG AN OLD ABANDONED DIRT ROAD, THENCE 0.7 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG CRIGGER ROAD, AT THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF STOKES STATE FOREST, AT THE INTERSECTION OF CRIGGER ROAD AND SUNRISE MOUNTAIN ROAD, AT A SMALL STONE AND CONCRETE BRIDGE UNDER CRIGGER ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST HEAD WALL, AND 1.2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.