Details for Benchmark: LY1043
N 41° 40.833 W 075° 28.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSQUEHANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- G 60
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found LY1043
N 41° 40.714 W 075° 28.387
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/surveymarks/ly1043/]LY1043 - G 60[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 02:29:05 UTC.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1942 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
3 MI S FROM UNIONDALE. 3.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE ERIE RAILROAD FROM UNIONDALE, SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY, ABOUT 1,550 FEET NORTHEAST OF MILEPOST S 31, AT 85-FOOT GIRDER BRIDGE 30/67, IN THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST ABUTMENT, 15 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH-BOUND TRACK, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 60 1934.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.