Details for Benchmark: LY1050
N 41° 34.500 W 075° 27.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- TTS 22 T
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
3.5 MI E FROM CARBONDALE. IN WAYNE COUNTY, ABOUT 3.5 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 6 FROM CARBONDALE, LACKAWANNA COUNTY, ABOUT 240 FEET WEST OF THE ATLANTIC SERVICE STATION OF JAMES A. CAREY, 20 FEET EAST OF HIGHWAY STATION 0/20, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, IN AN OUTCROP OF ROCK, AND ABOUT 5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED TT 22 T 1932.
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.