Details for Benchmark: LY1149
N 41° 21.683 W 075° 04.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- J 237
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found LY1149
N 41° 21.683 W 075° 04.492
We were happy to have an easy, straightforward recovery after our difficult search for [URL=http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=ly1153]LY1153 (E 237)[/URL]. This mark was found just as described. It is in good condition with legible stamping.
[I]A report on the condition of this station has been submitted to NGS, along with the following recovery note:[/I]
Recovered in good condition. Handheld GPS WAAS-corrected coordinates for the station are 41 21 40.86(N) 075 04 29.10(W).
[Photos:]LY1149, Pike County, PA
Eyelevel view of the mark on the boulder.
Facing NE, toward Spring Road.
Looking W from Spring Road, mark indicated.
||Rich in NEPA found LY1149
N 41° 21.681 W 075° 04.485
[B]Recovered in good condition.[/B]
This second order vertical control station was found as described. The 1959 to-reach directions are still viable. At the station a Garmin GPSmap76 receiver with remote active antenna was used to record WAAS-corrected coordinates which were 15.2 feet from the scaled coordinates listed in the NGS datasheet. The mark is well exposed, in good condition, and the stamped designation is legible.
~Rich in NEPA~
[Photos:]LY1149, "J 237 1959," Pike County, PA.
GPSr and the station mark.
Eyelevel view of station mark and setting.
Orientation view, facing east and Spring Road.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
12.2 MI SE FROM HAWLEY. 8.5 MILE SOUTHEAST OF HAWLEY TO THE GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH THENCE 3.15 MILE EAST ALONG A BLACKTOP ROAD TO A HISTORICAL MARKER THENCE 0.6 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, SET IN TOP AND 1 FOOT WEST OF THE EAST EDGE OF A 12 FOOT BY 6 FOOT BY 3 FOOT BOULDER WHICH IS BETWEEN TWO PINE TREE WHOS ROOTS ENVELOP THE BOULDER, ABOUT 100 YARDS SOUTH OF A POWER POLE WITH TRANSFORMER, 32 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE GRAVEL ROAD AND ABOUT 6 FEET ABOVE THE ROAD. THIS BM IS ALSO ABOUT 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF A BRIDGE OVER A CREEK WHICH COMES FROM PIERSONS POND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.