Details for Benchmark: LY1156
N 41° 19.750 W 075° 07.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- S 235
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna couldn't find LY1156
Rich and I were unable to locate this mark. PennDOT's historic bridge survey database records this bridge as having been rehabilitated since the mark was placed. The text states: “The 36'-long T beam bridge built in 1932 is supported on reinforced concrete abutments with wingwalls. It is finished with safety shape concrete parapets from 1980, when the substructure was also rehabilitated.” (The database can be downloaded from the PennDOT Cultural Resources Management Program Web Site at http://www.penndotcrm.org .)
[i]The following recovery note was submitted to NGS:[/i]
Mark not found. According to PennDOT's bridge survey database this bridge was rehabilitated in 1980. The wingwalls have been capped with new concrete.
||Rich in NEPA couldn't find LY1156
[b]Mark not found.[/b]
This second order vertical control station is described as being set in the top surface of the east wingwall of the south abutment of a highway bridge over Notch Brook. The historical description leads reliably to the site. However, the mark was not found. There is visible evidence that this structure was renovated since the station was monumented, the wingwalls having been capped with additional concrete. In the top of the southwest corner of the south end of the west concrete guard wall a chiseled square was found. ~Rich in NEPA~
[Photos:]Orientation view of bridge and highway, facing south.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PA DEPT OF HIGHWAYS 1959
12.1 MI SE FROM HAWLEY. 8.5 MILE SOUTHEAST FROM HAWLEY TO THE GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH THENCE 3.6 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 402 TO A 35 FOOT CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER NOTCH BROOK, SET IN TOP OF THE EAST WINGWALL FOR THE SOUTH ABUTMENT, 14 FEET NORTHEAST AND ONE FOOT BELOW THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. NOTE-- THIS BM IS ABOUT 0.05 MILE SOUTH OF A PRIVATE ROAD WEST WHICH IS THE LINE ROAD LEADING WEST TO A WALK THROUGH.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.