Details for Benchmark: LY1162
N 41° 19.467 W 075° 11.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- PROMISED RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||rebel without a clue found LY1162
Found in good condition. Had to crawl through some rhododendron bushes to get to this one, but still very close to trail.
[Photos:]LY1162 PROMISED RM 1
||AllentownDave found LY1162
This log is to provide some addition information, mainly additional GPSr coordinates, to the logs posted earlier by Rich in NEPA and Zhanna. Please see their logs for more complete info.
I used a Magellan Explorist 100 with the following map units: North Referance-Magnetic North, Map Datum WGS 84. These are the same units used on GEOCACHING.COM.
Coordinates on July 9, 2005
N 41º 19.472
W 75º 11.751
Coordinates on July 23, 2005
N 41º 19.477
W 75º 11.753
[Photos:]LY 1162 #1
||Zhanna found LY1162
N 41° 19.472 W 075° 11.750
This mark was found as part of the recovery of station PROMISED, PID LY1163. Photos and description can be found on the [B][URL=http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=ly1163]PROMISED[/URL][/B] benchmark page.
[I]A report on the condition of this reference mark was submitted to NGS, along with the following recovery note:[/I]
Reference mark 1 was recovered in good condition. It is approximately 13.8 feet south of Rock Oak Trail. The steel witness post still exists, but the blazed tree was not found.
||Rich in NEPA found LY1162
N 41° 19.475 W 075° 11.748
[B]Recovered in good condition.[/B]
Reference mark PROMISED NO. 1 is set in the top of a square concrete monument nearly flush with the ground, roughly 13.8 feet south of the centerline of Rock Oak Trail. There is no blazed maple tree near the mark. (For photos and details how to reach this mark see: [B][URL=http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.asp?PID=LY1163]LY1163[/URL][/B]) ~Rich in NEPA~
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1 MI NE FROM PROMISED LAND. 0.35 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE 390 FROM THE PROMISED LAND STATE RANGER HEADQUARTERS THENCE 0.20 MILE EAST ON NORTH SHORE RD. THENCE 0.40 MILE NORTH EAST ON ROCK OAK TRAIL (GAME TRAIL NO. 1) TO RM, ALSO BEGINNING OF A WALK-THRU. 10 FEET S OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK ROAD, 52 FEET SE OF TRIANGULATION BLAZED MAPLE TREE AND 70 FEET SOUTH SE OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK SET IN A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.