Details for Benchmark: LY1167
N 41° 20.483 W 075° 12.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- EGYPT AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||AllentownDave found LY1167
Found in good condition 9-12-05
My coordinates at the bechmark
N 41° 20.483
W 75° 12.497
||Zhanna found LY1167
N 41° 20.487 W 075° 12.492
This azimuth mark was found in good condition as described, set in a boulder directly across Route 390 from the Bruce Lake parking area and trailhead. No witness marker was found at this location. For details on the complete set of EGYPT marks, see [URL=http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=ly1169]LY1169[/URL].
[I]A report on the condition of this mark was submitted to NGS, along with the following recovery note:[/I]
Recovered in good condition. The mark is on the west side of Route 390, directly across the highway from the Bruce Lake parking area and trailhead. Handheld GPS WAAS-corrected coordinates: 41 20 28.98(N) 075 12 29.52(W).
[Photos:]LY1167 (EGYPT AZ MK), Pike County, PA
Eye-level view of the mark on the boulder.
View of the mark on the boulder ...
... from the middle of the southbound lane of Route 390
Looking S toward Route 390.
||Rich in NEPA found LY1167
N 41° 20.483 W 075° 12.492
[B]Recovered in good condition.[/B]
Azimuth mark EGYPT is set in the top of an outcropping rock about 18 inches above the level of the ground, and is on Delaware State Forest land. (For photos and details how to reach this mark see: [B][URL=http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.asp?PID=LY1169]LY1169[/URL][/B])
~Rich in NEPA~
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1.6 MI N FROM PROMISED LAND. 1.65 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE HY. 390 FROM THE PROMISED LAND STATE RANGER HEADQUARTERS, SET IN TOP AND 1 1/2 FEET NORTH WEST OF THE SOUTH EAST SIDE OF A 6 FOOT BY 3 1/2 FOOT BY 1 1/2 FOOT BOULDER, 19 FEET SOUTH WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 142 FEET SOUTH EAST OF THE JUNCTION CENTERLINE OF BLACKTOP ROAD AND DIRT ROAD (BRUCE LAKE), 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.