Details for Benchmark: LY1168
N 41° 20.583 W 075° 12.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- EGYPT RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1.8 MI N FROM PROMISED LAND. 1.85 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE HY. 390 FROM THE PROMISED LAND STATE RANGER HEADQUARTERS, 23 FEET SOUTH WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 89 FEET SOUTH EAST OF RM NO. 1, 66 FEET EAST OF THE STATION BM, 53 FEET EAST-SOUTH EAST OF TRIANGULAR BLAZED TREE (OAK), 85 FEET SOUTH EAST OF POWER POLE NO. 12529, ABOUT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.