Details for Benchmark: LY1185
N 41° 20.933 W 075° 18.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- G 234
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
3.6 MI NE FROM NEW FOUNDLAND. 3.6 MILE NORTH EAST ALONG STATE 507 FROM THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK AT THE INTERSECTIONS OF ROUTES 90, 507 AND 290 IN NEW FOUNDLAND TO THE JUNCTION OF T 380, SET IN TOP OF A 5 FOOT BY FOUR FOOT BY FOUR FOOT (TRIANGLE) BOULDER PROJECTING 1 FOOT, 75 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE T 380, 86 FEET SOUTH EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE INTERSECTION, 66 FEET SOUTH EAST OF POLE NO. HL-15-17, 61 FEET EAST-NORTH EAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. A7, 84 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE 507.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.