Details for Benchmark: LY1198
N 41° 21.567 W 075° 22.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- URBAN RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1.5 MI NE FROM STERLING. 1.5 MILE NORTH-NORTHEAST ALONG A BLACKTOP ROAD FROM STERLING, ALSO, 1.4 MILE EAST-NORTHEAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 63005 FROM STERLING, THENCE 1.1 MILE NORTH WEST ALONG A BLACKTOP ROAD, 118 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE CORNER OF A HOUSE, 90 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A RED MAPLE TREE, 65 FEET SOUTHEAST OF POLE NO 129, 62 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF RM 2, 12 FEET SOUTH WEST OF A FENCE LINE, 13 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE BLACKTOP ROAD, SET IN THE TOP CENTER OF A STONE CULVERT HEADWALL, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.