Details for Benchmark: LY1224
N 41° 21.517 W 075° 07.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- P 235
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found LY1224
N 41° 21.523 W 075° 07.702
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/surveymarks/ly1224/]LY1224 - P 235[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 02:32:34 UTC.
||Rich in NEPA found LY1224
N 41° 21.523 W 075° 07.704
[B]Recovered in good condition.[/B]
This second order vertical control station is set in the top of an outcropping boulder roughly 58 feet east of the centerline of Rt. 402, about level with the blacktop, and about 1 foot above ground level. In addition, it is east of a point between two powerpoles that are 353 feet apart along the west shoulder of the highway. This point is roughly 171 feet south along the shoulder from powerpole number: PP&L Co. 71943 N44506, and roughly 182 feet north along the shoulder from powerpole number: PP&L Co. 71941 N44471. The dim trail road referred to in the 1959 historical description could not be discerned. At the station a Garmin GPSmap76 receiver with remote active antenna was used to record WAAS-corrected coordinates which were 40.8 feet from the scaled coordinates listed in the NGS datasheet. The mark is well exposed, in good condition, and the stamped designation is legible.
~Rich in NEPA~
[Photos:]LY1224, "P 235 1959," Pike County, PA.
GPSr and the station mark.
Eyelevel view of station mark and setting.
Orientation view, facing west and Rt. 402.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
9.4 MI SE FROM HAWLEY. 8.5 MILE SOUTHEAST OF HAWLEY TO THE GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH THENCE 0.95 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 402, SET IN TOP AND 1 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF A 6 FOOT BY 6 FOOT BY 2 FOOT BOULDER 200 FEET NORTHEAST AND ACROSS THE ROAD FROM POWER POLE NO X 15, 65 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE JUNCTION OF HY. 402 AND A DIM TRAIL ROAD, AT THE NORTH END OF A SMALL GRADE SOUTH AND 54 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE BLACKTOP ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.