Details for Benchmark: LY1246
N 41° 13.783 W 075° 29.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- WANNA RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
2.7 MI S FROM GOULDSBORO. 2.5 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HWY 507 FROM THE RAILROAD STATION IN GOULDSBORO TO THE JUNCTION OF STATE 507 AND U.S. HWY 611 THENCE SOUTH WEST 0.1 MILE ALONG U.S. 611 TO A GRAVEL ROAD EAST THENCE ABOUT 150 YARDS TO AN OLD HIGHWAY (OLD 611) THENCE 0.1 MILE SOUTH ON OLD HIGHWAY, SET IN TOP OF A 4 FT X 7 FT BOULDER PROJECTING ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, 33 1/2 FEET SOUTH WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE OLD HIGHWAY, 68 FEET WEST OF A STANDARD METAL WITNESS POST, 67 FEET WEST OF THE STATION, STANDARD REFERENCE MARK DISK DRILLED IN HORIZONTAL, STAMPED WANNA NO. 2 1960.
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.