Details for Benchmark: LY1285
N 41° 02.383 W 075° 18.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- K 224
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
0.4 MI SE FROM TANNERSVILLE. 0.35 MILE SOUTH EAST ALONG U.S. HY 611 FROM THE SCHOOL HOUSE AT TANNERSVILLE, SET IN TOP THE SOUTH EAST WINGWALL OF THE EAST ABUTMENT OF A 20 FOOT BRIDGE UNDER BOTH U.S. 611 AND A COUNTY RD SOUTH EAST, 65 FOOT EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HY 611, 22 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE COUNTY ROAD AND 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE ROADS.
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.