Details for Benchmark: LY1479
N 41° 04.600 W 075° 57.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LUZERNE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 5 B
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
4 MI SW FROM ALBERT. 4.05 MILE SOUTH WEST ALONG THE BLACKTOP ROAD FROM THE WRIGHT TWP. FIRE DEPT. BLDG., SET IN TOP AND 2 FEET EAST OF THE WEST EDGE OF AN ABANDONED BRIDGE ABUTMENT, 1 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH SIDE OF ABUTMENT ABOUT 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF BLACKTOP ROAD, 20 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.