Details for Benchmark: LY1507
N 41° 04.417 W 075° 37.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARBON county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Q 225
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
2.8 MI W FROM BLAKESLEE CORNER. 2.75 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HY. 940 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HYS. 940 AND 115 AT BLAKESLEE CORNER, THENCE 1.35 MILES SOUTH ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD TO SPLIT ROCK LODGE, AT THE TOP OF A SMALL HILL, 23 FEET SOUTH WEST OF POWER POLE NO. 28 1/2, 46 FEET NORTH WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE BLACK TOP ROAD AND A DIRT ROAD EAST, 32 FEET NORTH AND ACROSS THE SIDE ROAD FROM A 1 1/2 FOOT, DOUBLE BOLED, MAPLE TREE, 19 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SIDE ROAD, 40 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD TO THE LODGE AND ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE LODGE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.