Details for Benchmark: LY1543
N 41° 03.683 W 075° 54.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LUZERNE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- OLEY RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found LY1543
N 41° 03.680 W 075° 54.536
This mark was found as part of the recovery of station OLEY, PID LY1542. Photos and description can be found on the [B][URL=http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=ly1542]OLEY[/URL][/B] page.
[I]A report on the condition of this reference mark was submitted to NGS, along with the following recovery note:[/I]
Reference mark 1 was recovered in good condition. The blazed trees were not found. A new route is required because the roads described are no longer passable by vehicle. The station may be reached on foot from the lower day-use area of Nescopeck State Park, but a stream crossing is necessary. If permission can be obtained, the best approach may be to park along the shoulder of Interstate 80 westbound and hike approximately 350 feet directly north to the mark.
||Rich in NEPA found LY1543
N 41° 03.681 W 075° 54.532
[b]Mark recovered in good condition.[/b]
Reference mark OLEY No. 1 is set in the top of a square concrete monument located approximately 80 feet east of the station. It is now well exposed, in very good condition, and the stamped designation is clearly legible. (For photos and details how to reach this mark see: [B][URL=http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.asp?PID=LY1542]LY1542[/URL][/B]) ~Rich in NEPA~
[This entry was edited by Rich in NEPA on Friday, March 12, 2004 at 6:56:28 AM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
7.5 MI W FROM WHITE HAVEN. 4.75 MILES NORTH ALONG BLACKTOP ROAD NO. 40040 FROM THE SCHOOL HOUSE AT WHITE HAVEN THENCE 6.3 MILES WEST ALONG A BLACKTOP ROAD TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT AND SIGN G.B.A. LODGE. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ON THE MAIN TRAVELLED ROAD FOR 0.3 MILE TO WHERE THE ROAD MAKES A TURN TO THE LEFT, AND A HOUSE, PICNIC GROUND, AND BUILDINGS ON THE RIGHT, TURN LEFT AND FOLLOW THE MAIN TRAVELLED ROAD EAST FOR 0.3 MILE TO A ROAD RIGHT, TURN RIGHT, CROSS CREEK AND GO SOUTH ON THE MAIN TRAVELLED ROAD FOR 0.05 MILE TO A WOODS ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT AND FOLLOW WOODS ROAD EAST FOR 0.45 MILE TO A CLEARED ROAD LEFT AND TWO TRIANGULAR BLAZED TREES ON THE RIGHT, TURN LEFT AND FOLLOW THE CLEARED ROAD SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST FOR 0.3 MILE TO THE STATION SITE. IT IS 80 FEET EAST OF THE STATION MARK AND IS SET IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.