Details for Benchmark: LY1556
N 41° 02.900 W 075° 58.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LUZERNE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 4 B
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1942 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
2.6 MI NE FROM ST JOHN. 1 MILE EAST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE ST. JOHN LUTHERAN CHURCH AT ST. JOHN, THENCE 1.8 MILE NORTH EAST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD, SET IN THE TOP, AND 1 1/2 FEET NORTH EAST OF THE SOUTH WEST END, OF A ROCK BACK WALL FOR A CULVERT, 24 FEET NORTH EAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 2619, 16 FEET NORTH WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE BLACK TOP ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.