Details for Benchmark: LY1594
N 41° 23.950 W 075° 35.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LACKAWANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- B 281
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found LY1594
N 41° 23.696 W 075° 34.920
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/ly1594.shtml]LY1594 - B 281[/url][/b].
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
3.4 MI S FROM DUNMORE. 1.7 MILE SOUTH EAST ALONG U.S. HWY 611 FROM THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK IN DUNMORE TO A BLACKTOP ROAD SOUTH THENCE 1.15 MILE SOUTH ALONG BLACKTOP ROAD THENCE 0.6 MILE SOUTH ALONG DELAWARE LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD TO WHERE DL AND W RAILROAD GOES UNDER ERIE RAILROAD, SET VERTICAL IN EAST ABUTMENT FOR OVERPASS, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF THE NORTH END, 33 FEET NORTH OF NORTH EAST RAIL OF DOUBLE TRACK, ABOUT 12 FEET ABOVE THE TRACKS, STANDARD BENCH MARK DISK DRILLED IN VERTICAL, STAMPED B 281 1961.
|1/1/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.