Details for Benchmark: LY1606
N 41° 20.250 W 075° 31.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LACKAWANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- N 281 RESET 1968
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
0.4 MI W FROM MOSCOW. 0.45 MILE WEST ALONG HIGHWAY 690 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH 611 IN MOSCOW, 4.3 FEET SOUTH OF POWER POLE WITH WITNESS SIGN NAILED TO ITS SOUTH SIDE, 5.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CURB OF HIGHWAY, 19.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY, 40.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 22, 49.3 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF WHITE HOUSE (600 CHURCH STREET), SET IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.