Details for Benchmark: LY1616
N 41° 14.783 W 075° 30.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LACKAWANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Z 281
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1961 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
6.6 MI S FROM MOSCOW. 3.7 MILE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HWY 611 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. 611 AND STATE HWY 690 IN MOSCOW TO THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HWY 611 AND STATE HWY 307 THENCE CONTINUE SOUTH 2.95 MILE ALONG U.S. HWY 611 TO A BRIDGE OVER A SMALL CREEK, SET IN TOP AND AT THE SOUTH EAST END OF THE SOUTH ABUTMENT OF THE BRIDGE (THIS BRIDGE IS AT A SMALL POND AT THE NORTH WEST CORNER OF A TRAILER SALES AND PARK) 30 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HWY 611, 33 FEET NORTH WEST OF POWER POLE NO. B 1948 ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS DISK DRILLED IN HORIZONTAL, STAMPED Z 281 1961.
|1/1/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.