Details for Benchmark: LY1618
N 41° 20.433 W 075° 30.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LACKAWANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- K 233
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
0.4 MI NE FROM MOSCOW. 0.35 MILE NORTH EAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 35005 FROM THE RAILROAD STATION AT MOSCOW, SET IN NORTH WEST CORNER OF THE NORTH END OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE ROAD SURFACE, 104 FEET WEST OF SOUTH WEST END OF A CINDER BLOCK BUILDING, 24 FEET NORTH WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 35005 AT SOUTH T INTERSECTION OF WILLOW ST., 29 FEET SOUTH WEST OF POWER LINE POLE NO. 85, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
|1/1/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.