Details for Benchmark: LY2267
N 41° 04.883 W 074° 08.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- D 103
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
0.7 MI NORTH FROM RAMSEY. 0.7 MILE NORTH ALONG FRANKLIN TURNPIKE FROM THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO DON BOSCO HIGH SCHOOL AT RAMSEY, 2.4 MILES SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 59 AT SUFFERN, AT THE NORTH CORNER OF THE T-JUNCTION OF INDUSTRIAL AVENUE, 60.5 FEET WEST OF THE TURNPIKE CENTER LINE, 52.0 FEET NORTH OF THE AVENUE CENTER LINE, 16.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A 6 BY 6-FOOT FLUSH CONCRETE SLAB, 2.0 FEET EAST OF POWER POLE 10089. THE MARK IS 1 FT W FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH TURNPIKE.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (HK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/31/1992 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (RJK)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.