Details for Benchmark: LY2271
N 41° 02.533 W 074° 07.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- G 103
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
2.15 MI SOUTH FROM RAMSEY. 2.15 MILES SOUTH ALONG FRANKLIN TURNPIKE FROM THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO DON BOSCO HIGH SCHOOL AT RAMSEY, AT THE JUNCTION OF CRESCENT AVENUE, 183.0 FEET NORTHEAST ALONG THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE AVENUE FROM THE CENTER LINE OF THE TURNPIKE, 2.8 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF THE AVENUE, 81.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF POWER POLE 20243 AE, 3.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POWER POLE 20244 AE. THE MARK IS 1 FT NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH TURNPIKE.
|01/29/1992 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (FAC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.