Details for Benchmark: LY2295
N 41° 26.083 W 074° 47.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SULLIVAN county, NY View Original Datasheet
- K 449
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
2.6 KM (1.6 MI) ENE FROM POND EDDY. 2.6 KM (1.6 MI) EAST-NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 97 FROM THE NORTHWEST END OF THE STATE LINE BRIDGE OVER THE DELAWARE RIVER IN POND EDDY, TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, ON THE EAST SIDE OF A VERTICALLY SET RAILROAD RAIL ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 97 AND USED FOR PROTECTION OF A SMALL CULVERT, 5.33 METERS (17.5 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 11.50 METERS (37.7 FT) SOUTH OF A HIGHWAY CURVE SIGN WITH HIGHWAY MARKER NUMBER 97-9602-1030 ATTACHED, 2.13 METERS (7.0 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE HEADWALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT, 3.85 METERS (12.6 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF TELEPHONE POLE NUMBER 107, 0.30 METER (1.0 FOOT) EAST OF THE RAILROAD RAIL PROJECTING 3.5 FT ABOVE THE GROUND. THE MARK IS 0.35 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.30 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.