Details for Benchmark: LY2329
N 41° 33.583 W 075° 00.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SULLIVAN county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Q 450
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
6.0 KM (3.7 MI) SE FROM HUNTS CORNER. 6.0 KM (3.7 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 97 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 52 IN HUNTS CORNER, TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, NEAR A FLAG POLE ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF TUSTEN BAPTIST CHURCH, 32.60 METERS (106.9 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, (SLOPE MEASUREMENT), 13.78 METERS (45.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CHURCH, 0.46 METER (1.51 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE FLAG POLE. THE MARK IS 3.20 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (LRF)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.