Details for Benchmark: LY2401
N 41° 57.767 W 075° 34.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSQUEHANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- E 400
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures with deep foundations
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
IN LANESBORO. IN LANESBORO, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH FACE OF THE MOST SOUTHERLY PIER OF A MASSIVE RAILROAD TRESTLE (STARRUCCA VIADUCT) OVER VIADUCT ROAD AND STARRUCCA CREEK, 7.20 METERS (23.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF VIADUCT ROAD. THE MARK IS 1.20 M ABOVE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.