Details for Benchmark: LY2602
N 41° 22.152 W 074° 42.568 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- MATAMORAS UNIDENTIFIED AWY BCN
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS AN UNIDENTIFIED AIRWAY BEACON THAT IS NO LONGER IN OPERATION WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE E EDGE OF A HIGH RIDGE ABOUT 1.5 MILES W OF THE TOWN OF PORT JERVIS. IT IS A REVOLVING BEACON OF THE STANDARD TYPE AS OWNED BY THE CIVIL AERONAUTICS AUTHORITY. IT IS NOT LISTED ON THE AIRWAY CHART FOR THAT SECTION. THE CENTER OF THE REVOLVING LIGHT WAS THE POINT OBSERVED UPON. THIS STATION WAS NOT VISITED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.