Details for Benchmark: LY2603
N 41° 22.236 W 074° 42.293 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIKE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- MATAMORAS ST JOSEPH CATH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE BASE OF THE CROSS ATOP THE SPIRE OF ST. JOSEPHS CATHOLIC CHURCH AND IS LOCATED IN THE N CENTRAL PART OF THE TOWN OF MATAMORAS. THE CHURCH IS A FRAME BUILDING WITH A BROWN SHINGLED ROOF WITH WHITE TRIM TOPPED BY A WHITE CROSS. THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 45 FEET. THE POINT OBSERVED UPON WAS THE BASE OF THE CROSS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.