Details for Benchmark: LY2614
N 41° 22.605 W 074° 41.370 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- PT JERVIS FIRST PRESB CH DOME
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE BALL ATOP THE SILVER DOME OF THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH. IT IS LOCATED AT THE NE CORNER OF SUSSEX AND N BROOME STREETS, 44 FEET W OF THE E CURBING OF SUSSEX STREET, 28 FEET N OF THE N CURBING OF N BROOME STREET AND 177 FEET E OF THE E CURBING OF PIKE STREET. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 75 FEET HIGH. THE POINT OBSERVED ON WAS THE FINIAL ATOP THE BALL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.