Details for Benchmark: LY2615
N 41° 22.631 W 074° 41.202 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- PT JERVIS REFORMED DUTCH CH
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE FINIAL ATOP THE SPIRE OF THE REFORMED DUTCH CHURCH OF DEER PARK. IT IS LOCATED AT THE NE CORNER OF SULLIVAN AND E MAIN STREETS, 78 FEET N OF THE N CURBING OF E MAIN STREET, 91 FEET E OF THE E CURBING OF SULLIVAN STREET. THE BASE OF THE FINIAL WAS THE POINT OBSERVED ON. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 100 FEET HIGH.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.