Details for Benchmark: LY2628
N 41° 03.331 W 074° 45.841 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- NEWTON MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (GWL)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE NEWTON MUNICIPAL WATER TANK, LOCATED ON A HILL ABOUT HALF A MILE SW OF THE CENTER OF THE TOWN. THE TANK IS AN ALUMINUM PAINTED STEEL TANK SUPPORTED BY 4 LEGS. THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 100 FEET. THE APEX OF THE TOP WAS THE POINT OBSERVED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.