Details for Benchmark: LY2633
N 41° 07.154 W 074° 56.729 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by NJDCED (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NJ CONS AND ECON DEV 1938
STATION IS LOCATED 1-1/2 MILES NE OF FLATBROOKVILLE.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT BRONZE DISKS SET IN ROCK OUTCROP.
STATION MARK IS 3 INCHES BELOW GROUND, AND IS STAMPED GIRR.
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 IS STAMPED R.M.1.
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 IS STAMPED R.M.2.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM WALLPACK CENTER, GO 4.75 MILES ALONG THE FLATBROOKVILLE ROAD TO A SHARP LEFT TURN JUST OVER A CONCRETE BRIDGE, TURN SHARP RIGHT HERE ONTO A DIRT ROAD, AND STOP AND PARK CAR AT A GRAY RED-ROOFED HOUSE JUST OFF THE MAIN ROAD. WALK PAST THIS HOUSE ABOUT 100 FEET TO A STONE ROW, LEADING W AND UP A STEEP HILL, FOLLOW STONE ROW FOR ABOUT 1200 FEET TO THE TOP OF HILL AND STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.