Details for Benchmark: LY2636
N 41° 09.157 W 074° 54.094 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- WARNER NJGS 1938
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found LY2636
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/surveymarks/ly2636/]LY2636 - WARNER NJGS 1938[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 02:37:01 UTC.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1938 by NJDCED (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NJ CONS AND ECON DEV 1938
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1 MILE SW OF WALLPACK CENTER.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT BRONZE DISKS SET IN ROCK OUTCROP.
THE STATION MARK IS 0.2 FOOT ABOVE GROUND. IT IS STAMPED WARNER.
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 IS STAMPED R.M.1.
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 IS STAMPED R.M.2.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM WALLPACK CENTER, TAKE A DIRT ROAD WHICH RUNS NW, GO 0.6 MILE UNTIL A FORKS IS REACHED, BEAR LEFT UPHILL AND GO 1.08 MILES ALONG THIS ROAD TO THE WARNER FARM. PARK HERE. ON FOOT, FOLLOW A FENCE LINE WHICH RUNS NW FROM THE FARM-HOUSE, A DISTANCE OF 350 FEET TO THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.