Details for Benchmark: LY2687
N 41° 02.537 W 075° 21.138 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- CAMELBACK MTN STATE FIRE TWR
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (JMR)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE TOP OF CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN, ABOUT 13 MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF BLAKESLEE CORNERS, 10 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF STROUDSBURG, 4 MILES SOUTH OF POCONO MANOR.
IT IS A FOUR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE ABOUT 30 FEET IN HEIGHT.
TRIANGULATION STATION CAMELBACK (USGS) LIES 31.452 METERS EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER.
|01/01/1964 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (WFD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1969 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (WMJ)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN 1958 AND IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.