Details for Benchmark: LY2712
N 41° 22.889 W 075° 35.602 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LACKAWANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- SCRUB OAK LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (CGS)
THE STATION IS THE APEX AND CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.5 MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF SCRANTON. IT IS A FOUR-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE WITH A GLASS ENCLOSED CAB ON TOP WITH A BLACK CONICAL SHAPED ROOF. THE LEGS ARE PAINTED GREY AND THE CAB IS PAINTED ORANGE. THE OVERALL HEIGHT OF THE STRUCTURE IS APPROXIMATELY 64 FEET.
REFERENCE MARK NO 2 TO TRIANGULATION STATION SCRUB OAK IS SET UNDERNEATH AND IN THE CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER. A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION SCRUB OAK, DISTANCE BEING 82.87 FEET 25.260 METERS EAST OF STATION SCRUB OAK.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (LFS)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN- 2-1/2 MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF SCRANTON.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.