Details for Benchmark: LY2784
N 41° 42.894 W 075° 33.636 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSQUEHANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- ELK MOUNTAIN RAD E MAST 1959
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (CGS)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH KNOB OF ELK MOUNTAIN, ABOUT 4 MILES WEST OF UNION DALE, 5 MILES NORTHEAST OF CLIFFORD AND ABOUT 71 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ELK MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS A 4-STEEL LEGGED STRUCTURE WHICH HAS A WALK-WAY MOUNTED NEAR THE TOP. AN ANTENNA AND A RED LIGHT IS MOUNTED ON THE WALK-WAY. THE MAST IS APPROXIMATELY 70 FEET IN HEIGHT AND THE LEGS OF THE MAST ARE SET IN CONCRETE BASES WHICH PROJECT ABOUT 3 FEET. THE MAST IS THE EAST ONE OF FOUR MASTS WHICH ARE ALIKE. THE CENTER OF THE MAST IS 177.00 FEET AND 53.950 METERS SOUTHEAST OF TRIANGULATION STATION ELK 2.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.