Details for Benchmark: LY2786
N 41° 42.903 W 075° 33.644 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSQUEHANNA county, PA View Original Datasheet
- TT 24 A USGS 1942
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1942 (FBQ)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4 MILES W OF UNION DALE ON THE SUMMIT OF THE N KNOB OF ELK HILL, A VERY PROMINENT, HEAVILY TIMBERED HILL. IT IS 17.79 FEET, 5.422 METERS, SW OF TRIANGULATION STATION ELK AND IS SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE CONCRETE STEP AT THE FOOT OF THE STAIRWAY TO THE ELK MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS A STANDARD USGS DISK AND IS STAMPED T T STA NO 24A 1929.
STATION WAS LOCATED BY DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM TRIANGULATION STATION ELK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.