Details for Benchmark: LY2894
N 41° 17.073 W 074° 31.709 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||holograph found LY2894
Found the disk buried beside the road. The measurements from the utility poles helped, as well as the old flagging tied to the tree branch just above the location. I didn't see Harry's nail, but I didn't know he found one until I got back and saw his log entry as I was adding this one.
[Photos:]LIFE Sussex Co. NJ (LY2894)
LIFE Sussex Co. NJ (LY2894) eye level
LIFE Sussex Co. NJ (LY2894) area
||Harry Dolphin couldn't find LY2894
Well, I sort of found this one. Located on the side of Oil City/State Line Road in Wallkill National Wildlife Refuge. At the station, instead of a disk is a nail. I think the disk was wither removed, or paved over.
Obviously, I did not find this one. Oh, well.
[This entry was edited by Harry Dolphin on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 4:41:46 AM.]
[Photos:]Nail at LY2894
Nail, rather than a disk.
Nail at LY2894
Non-Close up of nail.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TOWN OF WARWICK ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF OIL CITY ROAD, WEST OF LIBERTY CORNERS. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF LAKE WALLKILL ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 88 AND OIL CITY ROAD IN LIBERTY CORNERS, GO NORTHEAST ON OIL CITY ROAD FOR 0.85 MI (1.37 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT NEAR THE EDGE OF PAVING. THE STATION IS 4.5 M (14.8 FT) NORTH NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF OIL CITY ROAD, 36.4 M (119.4 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM POLE NUMBER 44618 46803 AND 43.2 M (141.7 FT) NORTHWEST FROM POLE NUMBER 46643 46792. THE STATION IS A STANDARD FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE ALUMINUM DISK, STAMPED LIFE 1991, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT, 0.1 M (0.3 FT) BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.